Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Life Right Now.

Hey everyone.
So my family just got back from a mini vacation to Philadelphia and I will try to post a synopsis of that and some pictures later today or tomorrow.
Right now I want to talk about something I'm battling right now. It's called depression.
Yeah unfortunately for much of last week I was either battling or experiencing severe depression. Well severe for me anyways. I've been dealing with it pretty much all semester, but I guess I was so busy that I didn't notice or that I didn't have the time to let it get me down. Well, it pretty much has.
There's been a couple of reasons for this.
I've kinda lately been feeling like it is time to go back to college. Like back to an actual college. I miss the dorm life and being surrounded by college students. Also, I'm ready to be back in Texas in general. Maryland has been great, and I enjoy my friends here and activities, but Texas just feels like home.
Air Force Stuff-Good news! I took my AFOQT (Air Force Officer's Qualifying Test) and passed with a 77. I needed a 15 to pass. Unfortunately I have a difficult decision to make about the Air Force program. Do I want to say in? Not really, but the potential benefits are so overwhelming that it pretty much defies all logic to leave the program. The Question? Do I follow logic or follow my desire to be out in the civillian world?
I'm spiritually dry. I went from being very spiritually active last semester while I was at DBU to be very inactive this semester. Yes, a lot of it prolly had to do with the fact that I was no longer required to attend chapel three days a week, have a New Testament class three days a week, and a Developing a Christian mind class one day a week on top of church every week, but it still has been hard this semester. Everything started off great, but as the semester got busier, and homeowrk assignments became due, I started leaving off the stuff that I should have held onto tighter. And I can pretty much feel the impact of this in every other area of my life. Yeah not good. Plus I really miss my church in Dallas.
Then there's the age old relationship stuff. It's nothing new. I'm just trying to work out heart issues cuz right now I'm pretty lonely. Hopefully this time around I will learn to focus on God and school and work and let God bring the perfect guy into the picture instead of hoping for the guy to come into my life each day. It's like the quote that is becoming cliche thanks to facebook-
"Dance with God and He will let the perfect man cut in." Hopefully I can learn that. Probably not, but maybe. Meanwhile I'll have material for new poetry.
I may have some mild health problems as well. For one thing, the migraines that I thought I was pretty much done with have started coming back. Not really sure why. As well as some stomach/nausea problems.
So anyways. This week is going to be busy since my first summer class starts so hopefully that will help keep my mind off the problems that plagued me last week. Algebra. Ugh. But pictures and stories from Philly coming soon.

1 comment:

beth ewing said...

i'm sorry girl. hopefully you are talking to someone about all these issues. you can't just keep them to yourself.