Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Day of Spring

At 7:44 this morning, the world officially started the spring season of 2009. Winter has dragged on enough according to the calendar. If only we could get rid of the winter weather. Although the temperatures have been fairly warm the past few days, and we are looking at warm temperatures the next few days, they are still slightly cooler than what I feel is normal for spring. But then again...where have I lived most of my life? Yeah it kinda makes sense.
Round here, the first day of spring is viewed almost as a major holiday. No they do not get a day off school or work, but it is filled with local flavor. For example, Rita's Ice Cream shops all served free ice cream today with no strings attached to start the season off in style. Radio stations announced spring the moment the season changed. Marylanders have had enough of the cold, dreary, rainy, snowy, and gray days. I believe I speak for the majority of us when I say we are ready for blue skies, warm sunshine, and white clouds. Here are some pictures from last spring to help with the celebration.

No comments: