Friday, July 3, 2009

Catch-up

Hey everyone,
I put pictures of philadelphia trip up at www.photos.google.com/dreamingdaisy. Check em out. Right now I am in Boston with the family for the weekend. We got a really nice hotel here. Today we walked around downtown, took a trolley tour of the area, and did a self-guided walking tour of Harvard University. Man that campus is nice. Made me want to go there. Tomorrow we are taking a bus tour through New Hampshire and Maine. I'm so excited!!!
Now I want to digress to an experience that I had about a week ago. I had to go to the doctor to discuss my iron levels with my doctor. As I was sitting in the pharmacy waiting room, I noticed a little boy sitting in an aisle in front of me. He had about 5 strings of Twizzlers in his hand. He was so cute that I couldn't help but watch him. He had a mischievous smile that lit up his face. You could tell that he was enjoying life. Anyways, I watched him for a little while. His mom noticed me watching him, and she soon got into a conversation with my mom. That alone is rare in this area, as it seems like strangers don't talk to each other. But we were on a military base so that's an explanation for that. But when I went up to the window to get my medicine, the little boy came up to my mom and gave her a Twizzler to give to me. It was so sweet of him. Anyways, it made me wish that I found life as simple as that little boy seemed to view life. All that was on his mind right then was his Twizzlers. He seemed to find the beauty of life and lived life in the moment instead of worrying about the future or the past. Anyways, the little boy made a profound impression on me and I thought I would share it with you.

HAPPY JULY 4th TOMORROW!!!

No comments: