Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Texas bound

I am sitting in my hotel room in Clinton, Mississippi thinking about all that has transpired since I last posted. It's been quite a lot. I'll start with last Saturday.

Last Saturday-It was my last day working at chick-fil-a waugh chapel. I'm not really sure you are supposed to be that upset when you leave your job, but whenever your coworkers at your job have become your second family, you are bound to get upset. It's harder than it was last time I went to college. I have grown closer to many of the people there, partly as a result of me coming out of my shell quite a bit over the past year. Also, I knew last time that I would be coming back. This time I am not so sure. Anyways, it was a great day for the most part. I guess as good as it could be. Kayla brought in pink roses, and a little stuffed monkey and a balloon for me. And Tina made me a special gameplan and had everyone sign the back of it. I took my camera to work that day and the day before in order to get pictures with a lot of my friends there. Three o'clock came all too quickly, and I was soon clocking out for the last time.

Sunday-I played Chick-fil-a soccer, and then went to Rita's and hung out with Andy, Ariel, and Bryan P. I had swedish fish rita's. It sounds weird I know, but it was so good. Plus they give you a package of Swedish fish so it's even better. :) Afterwards, I went with my family to meet our friends the Kinkades who we had not seen in 3 years. It was great to see them again. After that, I went to Joey's house to watch a movie with him, Ruthanne and Mike called the soloist. Fairly good movie, but not a favorite. All that was left for the day was staying up till four in the morning to do all that packing I had been procrastinating about.
Monday-I had to get up at 7 to be able to sell my textbooks from summer school at the college. Then came home, finished packing, and loaded up my car. The rest of the day was perfect. Really perfect. Too perfect to even write about. But I did get very upset when I to tell someone special goodbye. My spirits were lifted when I hung out with Tim and Aaron in the pouring down rain in the Chick-Fil-A parking lot. They were fun to be with and made me laugh even though I had to tell them bye too. I got soaked standing outside, but honestly it felt so good. It almost seemed to wash away all the stress and worries. By the time I left there I was laughing. Then I went to Kayla's for the night.
Tuesday-Said bye to Kayla. :'( Picked up my uniforms at the cleaners, dropped them off at chick-fil-a. Ate breakfast at chick-fil-a and said a final goodbye to the people working. I love that the last familiar face I saw in Maryland was Tina's smiling face waving goodbye from the drive-thru window. I miss that place. I drove down to Potomac Mills to meet Mom. From there we drove to Greenville, SC. It was a very emotional day. There were times that I got so incredibly sad just thinking about the fact that I was leaving. Songs would come on the radio that I would sing at Chick-fil-a with my friends and I would have to switch the station. It was hard.
Wednesday (today)-Left South Carolina. I am doing better emotionally. I wish I was at Chick-fil-a working right now instead of in a hotel room bloggin but I am trying to be happy about this. I need to make friends in San Angelo, and people are not going to want to be friends with someone who is depressed. In other news, I decided Alabama is beautiful. Really beautiful. As far as the atmosphere goes, I am glad to be back in the SOUTH!! Even though Maryland is technically considered the South by some people, I'm sorry it's just not the same. I had Sonic for the first time since I left last year. It was so good! I have some pictures that I've taken along the way....

Me On Monday


South Carolina-my windshield is filthy I know.

South Carolina Again.

ATLANTA! HOME OF CHICK-FIL-A

Favorite State So Far is ALABAMA!

THIS made my day. Car in South Carolina. Hard Core Rap was playing. Wondering if I could get my car to look like that. ^_^

1 comment:

beth ewing said...

aww man! i hate that you were in Greenville and i didn't know it. that is where all my family lives. i would have loved to come see you.

hang in there. i know moving and leaving friends behind is hard.