Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sick

I feel like a lazy bum. I have spent much of the past 1-1/2 weeks in bed. It started out with the flu. I went to the University Health Clinic 3 times in 4 days. Unfortunately that didn't do much for me. The first time they just told me to take tylenol and gave me some sore throat drops. The second time they told me to go buy some sudafed. The third time they told me I would be better soon. All of these times they told me to keep drinking fluids and get plenty of rest. The last time that I went there was on Friday. Over the weekend I still was not getting any better.
Monday morning I called and tried to make an appointment with a real doctor, but they were all out of appointments. The Air Force base gave me a referral to a community walk-in clinic. But by the time I actually felt like going over there they were not taking any new patients for the day.
I got up the next morning and went to the clinic again. I waited in the waiting room for 2-1/2 hours before I could be seen. Finally they took a look at me. They did a chest x-ray and a flu swab. The flu swab came out negative, but the chest x-ray provided some results. The flu that I had had the week before had developed into a bad case of bronchitis and the early stages of pneumonia. Something that Im pretty sure would never have been caught if I had kept going to the University clinic. The doctor gave me a shot of antibiotics as well as prescribed me some antibiotics, some decongestant, and some heavy cough syrup. Two pharmacies later I was finally feeling like I would be getting better soon.
So far I have missed 8 at least partial days of classes, and more days of work than that. I am supposed to be able to go back to school today, but still not feeling strong enough for that so hopefully tomorrow.
Thank you all for your prayers for those of you who know I was sick.

No comments: